6.1.10

A for apple






After a busy Christmas I am hoping to slow down a bit and spend the next couple of weeks working on some new designs for 2010. As London is once again stranded in thick snow, inside is the best place to be! Looking for inspiration around my home and studio I realise that I have enough bits and pieces to make an entire alphabet which is what I will be doing every now and then over the next few months. Starting with A for apple, a beautiful chunky apple platter by Arabia Finland from Greenwich market, a lovely simple sixties table cloth in apple green and grey from a boot sale and The Story of William Tell, a childrens's book from the sixties with wonderful illustrations by Aliki. 

1 comment:

  1. Don't they all go so well together? I love Alki's illustrations and Greenwich market, gosh, brings back memories of my student years - I used to go running in Greenwich park and down to the market every weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails